When the owner went into her yard to untie the dog on Thursday morning, she got a horrible shock: A huge carpeted python with a bulge in its body and the dog’s chain coming out of its mouth. This happened in a Caniaba, New South Wales.
Sue Ulyatt, a volunteer with the nonprofit Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) told the newspaper that the huge snake, which is estimated to be 50 years old, swallowed the pet whole.
“Because the dog was chained up it couldn’t get away. It was also a very small dog, which is why this happened,” Ulyatt said.
Photos shared by WIRES on Facebook show the large reptile with the dog’s chain still in it’s mouth.